This Filipino Sipo Eggs recipe is quick and easy to prepare. This creamy quail eggs, shrimp, peas, and carrots dish is perfect for weekday dinners.
30 grams butter
1 medium sized onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
250 grams shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 medium sized carrot, diced
1 medium sized jicama (singkamas), diced
1 dozen quail eggs, boiled and shelled
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
120 ml (1/2 cup) water
240 ml (1 cup) heavy cream
salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the onions and garlic and saute them until onions are soft.
- Add the shrimps and cook until pinkish. Add the carrots and the jicama (singkamas) and cook for a minute.
- Add the water and the cream. Let it simmer until the carrots and jicama (singkamas) are tender.
- Add the quail eggs and peas. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- If using fresh green peas, add the peas during Step 2.
- Category: Filipino
- Method: Sauteing
- Cuisine: Filipino