This delicious potato and chicken salad is not only a favorite for parties and get togethers, it can also be served for a filling lunch.
- 500 grams potatoes, cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- 125 grams carrots, diced
- 75 grams yellow onion, diced
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 250 grams chicken breast
- 100 grams pineapple tidbits
- 100 grams pickle relish
- 100 grams cooked bacon bits (optional)
- 1 cup (240 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) condensed milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil enough water in a pot to cover the potatoes. Simmer until fork tender. Remove from the pot and transfer to a bowl to cool. Set aside.
- In the same pot, add the diced carrots and cook until tender, about 30 seconds to a minute. Remove from the pot and transfer to a bowl to cool. Set aside.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over the simmering water. Add the chicken breast. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10-20 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken. Drain and transfer to a bowl to cool off.
- In a large enough bowl, mix all the ingredients (except for the condensed milk) together until the ingredients are evenly coated with mayonnaise. You can add the condensed milk in batches to adjust to your preferred sweetness.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for half an hour or more to allow the flavors to come together.
- Serve cold as a side dish or on its own.
- I generously season with salt and pepper and sometimes add more pickle relish.
Keywords: Filipino Chicken Potato Salad