Traditionally, tablea tsokolate is made with tablea, milk or water, and a bit of sugar. But if you want to kick it up a notch, try topping it with some whipped cream, cacao powder, chocolate syrup, or even bits of broken up tablea.
- 360 ml (1 1/2 cup) water
- 360 ml (1 1/2 cup) milk
- 6 (60 grams) tablea, unsweetened
- 55 grams (1/4 cup) sugar
- whipped cream
- cacao powder
- chocolate syrup
- In a saucepan over medium heat, boil the water, milk, and tablea tablets. Whisk occasionally to ensure that the tablea tablets are dissolved.
- Once the mixture has boiled, add the sugar.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Whisk using a batirol or a frother until the mixture turns frothy.
- Transfer to individual cups and top with selected toppings.
- Check if you are using sweetened or unsweetened tablea. You can omit the sugar if you are using the sweetened version.
- Cream may be substituted for the milk. The resulting drink will be thicker.
- Add more tablea for a richer and stronger chocolate taste.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: Tablea Tsokolate