2 tablespoons butter
1 head garlic
175 grams black eyed peas
1 liter water
240 ml (1 cup) heavy cream
100 grams parmesan cheese
a handful alfalfa sprouts
1 tablespoon butter
- Soak the peas in water for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Saute the garlic until lightly browned and fragrant. Add the peas and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add 720 ml water (3 cups) and simmer for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the peas to a blender. Add the heavy cream and puree the mixture until creamy. Transfer back to the saucepan.
- Add the remaining water and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes or until the parmesan is melted.
- Meanwhile, place the almond slices and the butter in a microwave-safe dish. Lightly toast the almonds in medium high power for 10 seconds.
- Top the soup with the alfalfa and toasted almond slices. Sprinkle additional parmesan cheese before serving warm.