- 165 grams (1 cup) uncooked white rice
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) raw almonds (optional)
- 1 cup (240 ml) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (240 ml) condensed milk
- 4 cups (960 ml) water
- ice cubes
- Soak the rice, cinnamon stick pieces, and almonds in 1 cup of water overnight, or at least 5 hours.
- In a food processor or blender, grind the rice, cinnamon stick pieces, and almonds with the soaking water.
- Once grounded finely, add the evaporated milk and condensed milk. Pulse for a few times until well blended.
- Strain the mixture and transfer to a big pitcher.
- Add the rest of the water and ice cubes. Stir well before pouring out to serve.
- There may still be some gritty bits after 1 straining. I personally like the gritty bits but if you want a smoother texture, strain some more.
- Add more condensed milk if you want a sweeter taste.
- Category: Drinks