2 cups (480 ml) heavy or whipping cream, chilled
- 1 can condensed milk, chilled
- 1 mango, peeled and pureed
- 4–5 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 packs graham crackers
- In a bowl, combine the cream and condensed milk.
- Using a whisk beater, whip the cream mixture until the cream has doubled in size and firm peaks form.
- Slowly fold the mango puree into the cream mixture. Set aside.
- In a baking pan or dish, line the bottom, edge to edge, with the graham crackers.
- Take some of the cream/mango mixture and spread some on top of the graham cracker layer. If you didn’t whip the cream, the mixture will be more liquid and the crackers may float when layering. Just continue to layer.
- Top with some diced mangoes. You can also use sliced mangoes. Add as much mangoes as needed. If you didn’t whip the cream, the mangoes may sink rather than stay on top of the cream. Just continue to layer.
- Set another layer of the graham crackers. Repeat layering the cream and mango slices.
- On the last layer of cream, top with crushed graham crackers and arrange mango slices.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- If you don’t have an electric beater, you can skip whipping the cream. Just make sure to use chilled cream.
- Do note that the cream mixture may turn liquid, and the graham crackers may float when layering. Just continue to layer and pour the cream mixture over the graham crackers. It will set-up during chilling.
- You can use diced mangoes instead. Use as many mangoes as needed.
- Method: Chilling
- Cuisine: Filipino