Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad is one of those reliable standbys during celebrations such as Christmas or birthdays. It is served cold and can be eaten either as an appetizer or a snack. Or both; this salad is not picky.
- 100 grams Elbow Macaroni Pasta
- 1 large chicken breast (100 grams), cooked (boiled) and shredded
- 1 medium onion (120 grams), diced
- 1 large carrot (125 grams), diced
- 150 grams sweet pickle relish
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) raisins
- 100 grams pineapple tidbits
- 340 grams (1 1/2 cups) mayonnaise
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) condensed milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- bacon bits (optional)
- Prepare the pasta as per the package instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, shredded chicken, diced onions, diced carrots, sweet pickle relish, raisins, pineapple tidbits, and mayonnaise.
- Add condensed milk bit by bit, until the level of sweetness is achieved. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with shredded cheese and bacon bits.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- I used leftover chicken instead. You can also use turkey or duck but the taste will be different. Since the leftover chicken I had was already flavored, I held back a bit on the salt and pepper.
- You can adjust the amount of pickle relish and condensed milk used in the recipe depending on how sweet or sour you want your salad to be.