Easy, cheesy Filipino Cheese Cupcakes make for excellent snacks for everyone. Customize it with your favorite type of cheese and add a wee bit of lemon essence to complement the taste.
- 180 grams (1 1/2 cups) all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 3/4 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 113 grams (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 110 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) evaporated milk
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) condensed milk
- 1/8 tsp lemon essence, optional
- 150 grams (1 1/2 cups) cheese(like parmesan or cheddar), grated
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) cheese (like parmesan or cheddar), grated
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer on the lowest setting, mix all the ingredients for the cupcakes just until combined. Note: You may also use a spatula and a large bowl for this.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Scoop out the batter and fill the liners until 3/4 of the way.
- Top with grated cheese before baking for 18-25 minutes, or until the top turns golden.
- Remove from the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack and cooling completely.
- Top with more grated cheese just before serving.
- Depending on the kind of oven you have, the baking may need to be adjusted. I used the convection setting for this batch, hence the slightly more than golden top even though I baked these for 18 minutes only.
- The top of your cupcakes may look like they’re burnt. It’s because of the cheese toppings sprinkled just before baking (unless of course they really are burnt). The toppings may also cause the tops of the cupcakes to be a little bit crunchy.
- Lemon essence is optional; I used 1/2 tsp lemon juice before but the smell and taste aren’t as strong as when using essence.
- The cupcakes can keep for around 3-5 days when kept in a tightly covered container.